Roles and Responsibilities
- Must have Bachelor of Science, Engineering in IT or equivalent
- Minimum 5-year experience in professional services, technical consulting, technical support or network engineering/operations role
- Extensive experience with IT Infrastructure Monitoring (ITIM) and Network Performance Management (NPM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, drive IT projects forward in large organizations, and translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Develops, coordinates and directs the implementation of standardized applications, technologies and processes, which optimize the cost-effectiveness and reliability of IT services and resources.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal/external customers, project sponsors, contracted vendors and/or consultants, for escalated tickets from the IT Service Desk for dedicated changes or projects or other specific defined tasks as directed by IT Infrastructure Director
Desired Candidate Profile
- Solid understanding of network design, protocols, components and operations, Switching and Routing.
- Qualified Network/ Application certifications such as CCIE/CCNP, RCPE or RCSP-NPM level
- Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth, latency and how bandwidth and latency restrictions affect application performance.
- Previous experience in NetFlow collection, Packet monitoring, SNMP polling, Device configuration management and ITIM tools.
- Experience reading and understanding packet capture using Sniffer, tcpdump, Ethereal/Wireshark, NetProfiler, AppTransaction Analyzer or similar tools.
- Experience with any of the following: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls and RAID.
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2) and/or Operating Systems (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Installation and configuration experience with ESX, VMFS, storage sub-systems, cache architectures and windowing systems
- Experience with Network devices (e.g. Cisco, Juniper) an