- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patients medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other doctors and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (orthopedists, urologist, general surgeon, etc.)
- Keep records of patients diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes).
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.