In this competitive market, the only urge is to earn more and grow more. With all the underlying emotions the most pragmatic approach and biggest motivator is money. There is nobody in the world apparently who says that they don’t want to earn more as the greatest desire is to live a lucrative and luxurious life.
In order to live this dream, from a very tender age we start working hard, study hard and always hassle that which profession or job will be worth doing with a handsome amount of pay. Choosing a profession completely depends upon the aptitude of the individual but once the aptitude is recognized one must know about the market trends regarding highest paying jobs. The most important thing to notice is that the pay scale fluctuates with the economic cycle of the nation but what even matters more is the education, experience, commitment and dedication that an individual invests towards his/her job. Based on the same below listed are the trending highest paying jobs in India.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India
A man from all walks of life always looks up to the doctor as god because of trust for saving their lives. Needless to say that, the scope of this profession will never see a downfall, not only because of this situation of pandemic COVID-19 but also because in an average lifespan of a person, seeing a doctor has become a regular routine for a healthy life and increased life expectancy. Medical Practitioners are among the highest paid professionals in India. Considering India’s vast population, it is not surprising that the country faces a variety of health issues. However, the ratio of available doctors to patients is really low in India which is also making it one of the most sought after career paths. Medical professionals could be Doctors, Dentists, Ayurvedic Doctors, BHMS Doctors or even Physiotherapists. High earning doctors mostly take up a lucrative and promising PG course (specialization) after MBBS! Fields of specialization like- Cardiology (branch that deals with diseases affecting the heart), Gynaecology (branch that deals with women’s reproductive system), Orthopaedics (branch that deals with skeletal system and diseases), Dermatology (branch that deals with skin), Pathology (branch handling with examination of organs and body to diagnose diseases) etc will help one build a financially rewarding career after MBBS!
Doctors generally work in Government/Private Hospitals or even start their own Private Clinic. Earning of a Doctor depends a lot on his/her skills.
- Bachelor of Medicine or Surgery (MBBS, BMBS).
- For further specialization, there are courses like doctor in Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS) or any other branch of specialization.
- Doctors need to have exceptional communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Fresher: Rs 4.8 LPA
- Intermediate: Rs 8.10 LPA
- Experienced: Rs 17 LPA
IT & Software Engineers
With the recent and extensive growth of the initiatives ‘Digital India’ which has made a boom in the IT Sector and has brought this for planning a career in this field. The top multinational organisations of the world praise the quality of the Indian IT and Software engineers are looking forward to hiring them in companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Google and Facebook.Education industry, robotics in the manufacturing industry, E-Commerce and everywhere, software engineers are in demand. Depending upon their skills and precision required on the job, their salaries are defined.A lot of entrepreneurial firms hire software and IT professionals because they are the backbone of the digital industry. Without their help, a business would not be able to reach the global consumers.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or software engineering
- Software testing and debugging
- Computer programming and coding
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- Software development
- Fresher: Rs 3.5 LPA
- Intermediate: Rs 8.3 LPA
- Experienced: Rs 15.5 LPA
Chartered Accountants are yet another evergreen class of professionals who will always be in demand with one of the most valuable “Highest Paying Jobs in India”, they drive businesses on the financial upfront, and as long as businesses operate, as they work in every industry and provide financial expertise for managing money well. They provide accountancy, tax, and audit services to clients and help understand concepts just like the GST reform, any change in taxation policies, or salary related issues.
- CA certification
- General business awareness
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Fresher: Rs 5.5 LPA
- Intermediate: Rs 12.80 LPA
- Experienced: Rs 25.70 LPA
Indian Civil Services are one of the most prestigious services in the Indian horizon of career. The job not only guarantees the Highest Pays but also insures job security and value in terms of the outlook of people towards civil servants. Three Major classifications:
- IAS – Indian Administrative Services,
- IFS – Indian Foreign Services
- IPS – Indian Police Services
Thousands of aspirants appear for the civil services exams every year since pre-independence as it is the oldest entrance examination in India, started by the British. The post comes with considerable power to implement and develop policies, maintaining law & order, upliftment of society, representing India on the global platform, and overall administration activities of the nation.
- Minimum graduation in any stream and need to crack IAS UPSC, IAS, IPS exams.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Patience and analytical
- Problem solving attitude
- IAS / IFS & IPS Officers – Rs. 56,000 – 2,50,000 per month (Plus House Rent Allowance, Travel Allowance and Dearness Allowance as part of current 7th pay commission)
Investment bankers work with financial institutions to raise capital through equity or debt management. It is very demanding nowadays as it is for a fast-paced environment where agile decisions can make a huge lift in the financial fate of the organisation. It is one of the very best paying jobs in India. An investment banker helps the client (a bank or a firm) invest money wisely for the highest possible returns.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance, economics, maths, business administration or related field
- Analytical skills
- In depth market knowledge
- Excellent communication & Leadership skills.
- Fresher: Rs 12 LPA
- Intermediate: Rs 30 LPA
- Experienced: Rs 50 LPA
Those people who can excel in Management can be a good Management Professionals, They need to complete the course from Business school. The Management Professionals do not need to find the job. Instead top companies provide them on the Spot Job Offer post completion of academics. Some well known Management and Business courses are-BBA, BBM, BMS and MBA in areas like Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations etc.
- BBA- Bachelors in Business Administration
- BBM- Bachelors in Business Management
- BMS- Bachelors in Management Studies
- MBA- Masters in Business Administration
- Team spirit
- Communication skills
- Managerial and problem solving
- Entry level- 4-7 LPA
- Intermediate- 10-20 LPA
- Experienced- 30-50 LPA
Skilled and talented Lawyers are always in demand along with huge respect and are also well paid as they always save from all the legal obligations. Lawyers further classify under family, corporate, business, labor, intellectual property, criminal, bankruptcy, civil litigation, real estate, and entertainment lawyer.
- Any graduation degree before LLB
- Communication Skills
- Good in Laws
- Fresher- 1-5 LPA
- Consultant- Senior Attorney: 9.5 LPA
- Corporate Lawyer: 5 – 6 LPA
The people who are interested visit the globe through the sea can apply for this job. The Merchant Navy is managing the entire operation of the ship till it reaches the destination, the Merchant Navy has to take care of the ship which may take around 6 to 9 months. The Merchant Shipping sector has always been known to pay good packages to its men for posts like Naval Engineer, Navigation Officer, Electro Technical Officer, Captain etc.
- Specialized merchant shipping course after completion of 12th in Science (Physics, Chemistry & Maths).
- BE/ B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- Physical Fitness & Normal Vision is required.
- Mathematical skills
- 5 to 15 LPA based upon the post
One of the highest paying and glamorous jobs for sure is in the aviation sector. Aviation Services are the commercial flying jobs with Airlines for the post of pilots. Pilots bring home handsome salaries considering the nature of their work. Since the job is quite physically taxing with long flying hours and travelling time, pilots need to physically fit all the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in aircraft operations, aviation, aeronautical engineering, or a related field
- Excellent spatial awareness and coordination
- Thorough understanding of aircraft mechanism
- Mathematical and physics skills
- Team coordination
- 8 Lacs to 16 Lacs per annum
Journalism and Mass Communication Professionals
In this is a profession one can make a great change to the society in a direct and significant way. The fact is- skilled Journalists and Mass Communication professionals are valued and are paid well. and can make it big in this field only if he/she has skills such as- communication skills, confidence, investigative skills, quest for knowledge etc.
- B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG Journalism and Mass Communication
- Courageous & Confident
- Communication Skills
- 3 LPA to 50 LPA based on experience in the industry
These are the list of top 10 highest paying jobs in India. There are a lot of other professions that pay well, considering the right set of qualifications, knowledge and experience. Professions foster with the proper set of education, expertise, and experience. There certainly are other well rewarding careers too, like that of a sportsman, entertainment world or politician. But those sectors are suggested to students to sit back, analyze each job, consider their pros and cons, go through aptitude tests and find a career that will suit one the most.
Looking for high paying professional jobs? Register here on our platform.