As an HR, you are the first interaction any potential hire is going to have with your organization. Professional emails from you create a lasting first impression and help you attract the Top Performers. Here is an email guide for all Recruiters & HR Professionals that help you create a brand image for your organization
Here are some sample email guides for Recruiters, so they never have to worry about sending emails!!
COLD EMAILS TO PASSIVE CANDIDATES
Each one of us likes to be followed back. Isn’t it? Before sending this kind of email, one needs to verify his/her background, career history along with its mailing address, and then enquire about their interest and their thinking to move forward in the career. This is the first place to create a connection. Do not forget to add the job description link, the candidate’s name, directly accessible contact details with the most relevant job-oriented details.
An example of cold mail would be –
SUBJECT: [Company_name] is looking for a [job_title]
I am [your name], [your job_title] at [company_name]. I saw your profile on [e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, or GitHub] and I was very much impressed by your experience in [add a specific field, quality, or achievement that was eye-catcing].
We are currently looking for a [job_title – add a link to the job description] to join our team. I would love to tell you a little more about this position and learn a few things about you, as well. Are you available [include date and time, e.g. ‘sometime this week’]? If so, I would be happy to set up a call. I am also happy to coordinate via email or LinkedIn if you prefer.
I hope you have a great day,
INTERVIEW PROCESS AND WELCOME EMAIL
In this crucial information and details about the company, vacant post details, process, and requirements are mentioned. Moreover, the job titles and the names of the interviewers with their short bio is shared. And if after this process the candidate gets selected then a congratulation message is circulated to the candidate through the same medium. One has to make sure that all the interview relevant details are passed to the candidate through this email. All these will make the candidate comfortable and reliable and in turn, have a better overall experience.
STATUS EMAIL TO HIRING MANAGERS
A great understanding with the Hiring Manager or the HR results in an increase of confidence for continuing a smooth interview process. It is not like the Hiring managers are curious to know about your in and out happenings, but they must know about the task’s status, what is happening, what is not working, ensuring regular updates. Internally within an organization, these mails are used to send the notes, feedbacks, and overall thoughts on every candidate before or after the pre-screening process.
NEW HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT
It is used to announce the new job openings for the company and results in the best way to welcome new bees. As a recruiter, it is significant for them to introduce the new team member to the rest of the team to give them a family alike environment. This announcement generally sounds like- ‘I’m pleased to announce that Mohit will be joining us as the newest member of the Sales Department. Please accord him the necessary assistance and make him feel at home.’
These are considered as the heartbreaking messages but are written with utmost respect and humbleness. Do let the candidates know about their recruitment status at the very instance of time, as a delay in information costs time, excitement, and money sometimes. As the ending note does appreciate their efforts of coming this far and offer them a chance to respond to their future questions if any as an assurance of your presence with them.
Sometimes unfortunately the conditions are not under one’s control and someone has to put on hold, to carry on further recruitment proceedings. This mail tends to create a positive effect on the reader’s mind rather than procrastinating the opportunity or their efforts.
Example of a On-hold email –
Dear (Candidate Name),
Hope you are doing good. As you are aware of the COVID pandemic and about the opening for HR in our organization. But, unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the HR position is kept on hold as the Hiring Manager was unable to come out of the containment zone. I will let you know once the hiring manager gets back to us regarding this position. Sorry for the inconvenience faced.
Thanks & Regards,
It is very important to thank people for their time and effort. It creates interest in further conversations and affirms them of their presence.
For example –
Hello (Interviewer’s Name),
I wanted to take the honor to thank you for your time and efforts (yesterday/Monday/etc). I enjoyed our conversation about (specific topic you discussed) and enjoyed learning about the (Job Title) position overall.
It sounds like an exciting opportunity, and an opportunity I could succeed and excel in! I’m looking forward to hearing any updates you can share, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at the same time.
Thanks again for the great conversation (yesterday).
Almost everyone has a virtual contact address in this world today, which is dubbed as an e-mail address. E-mail address plays a very crucial role in connecting two persons or an organization sitting at any corner of the globe. It establishes a connection between a sender and a receiver. While applying for a job, the first and foremost thing is thought of as a connecting email address or ID and the resume of the candidate. Here are some more quick tips for Recruiters for writing professional recruitment emails.
- Don’t leave the sender in the hanging state while waiting for the reply → It is advisable to spare out certain minutes and reply courteously to the sender, may it be a wish, a question’s answer, an issue, or any feedback.
- Don’t limit your conversation to a single purpose → Its quite often seen that, once any purpose is over, it brings an end to the conversation. Although the conversations are done on the professional ground, there is always a need to enhance relationships, connections, and spread brand presence through it.
- Don’t underestimate the presence of a subject statement → Usually writing a subject for the mail, adds boredom to the writer’s email writing. But this is not the correct way to deal with the format and the sender both. I will give you an example of an e-commerce shopping store sending mails to us, as soon as we read ‘A FLAT 80% OFF ON ALL THE BRANDS TODAY. HURRY UP! ‘, one would be easily attracted to the very subject all way from the notification itself. So you saw, how impactful these subjects are, so try coming up with some creative, exciting, and eye-catching subject lines.
- Don’t cut, copy, and paste a single message → This kind of practice creates a sense of ignorance, laziness, and a feeling of insignificance among the receivers. There should be a try of personalizing and customizing every mail content.
- Never forget basic etiquette → It is the most important thing to keep in mind, not only while writing but even while talking. One should always be upfront, honest, and police by the choice of words. The professional hour should also be taken care of, as it creates a major impact.
In the end, I would like to say that the medium and the choice of words matter a lot while making a conversation. And I hope the above type of emails would be helping you a lot to deal with candidates.