“Tell me about yourself” is one of the most hair-raising questions that a fresher would face while sitting for an interview. -This question is a crafty one placed in front of the candidate by the interviewer, this is so because the interviewer already knows some details about the candidate from the resume submitted. However, still, the reason behind this question being asked is that he wants to know the candidates’ attitude towards the work, what are the values that he brings into the company and how well he fits into the job.
One cannot deny the fact that this question is one of the best keys to prove that you are the best for the given job, this is so because having seen hundreds of candidates similar to you, the interviewers expect for that one answer which would correctly light the candle.
Hierarchy of Information to be Included
1. Start with a formal greeting: Use the following wordings like accordingly Good morning (or) Good afternoon (or) Good Evening
2. Tell your Name: My name is XY / I am XY
3. Location: I am from XXX / I was born and raised in XXX/ I grew up in XXX.
4. Projects/internship undertaken: Include the topic, name of the company, type of the work done, awards won, experience gained.
5. Qualifications: I am a …. Graduate from XYZ University.
6. Additional Qualifications: courses done, language proficiency
7. Adjectives to describe yourself
8. Hobbies/passion/strengt-hs and weakness
9. Fun Fact (optional)
10. Describe some points on how well you fit in the job
Rules so be Kept in Mind
1. Always sound enthusiastic.
2. Maintain eye-contact
3. Use hand gestures
4. Don’t sound lie a robot (don’t memorize)
5. Don’t stammer
6. Sound confident all along with your introduction.
7. Don’t take beyond a minute.
8. Be the best yourself
9. Don’t round the bush
10. Reduce the use of superlatives
11. Present the content in quite an intelligent way
Tricks to Follow While Jotting Down your Answer
1. Research about the company and the job offered.
2. Link your projects with the job offered.
3. Shape your answer based on the company.
4. Write down something more other than that mentioned in the resume.
5. Put in at most energy in your wordings.
6. Always maintain a sense of Formality.
7. Practice in front of the mirror.
To conclude, try to give your best possible answer to this question in the most confident manner as this will decide the flow of the interview, and this will put forward your first impression on the table.
Self Introduction in English for Interview for Freshers Samples
Here are some sample answers to the question “Tell me about Yourself.”
Good morning. I want to thank everyone for giving me this golden opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Rocky, and I am from Bombay. I am a biology graduate from IIT Bombay. I now work as an intern at Youth Foundation, and I am a big fan of soccer and gymnastics. My goal is to build a successful career as an XYZ, which can help the company and me personally. My strengths are my positive attitude, punctuality, and interpersonal skills. My weakness is my emotional nature. This is all about me. Thanks once again for this wonderful chance.
Good morning everyone. I am Jacob. I am born and brought up in Delhi. My fields and expertise lie in operating systems. I have previously worked on projects based on hardware, big data analysis, and AI. As a result of my Love towards operating systems, I began setting up databases and platforms on which others can work on. During my projects, I worked as a Team leader as well as a Team player, and by doing so, I ensured the proper completion of work by team members. My interests lie in orating. Finally, I think that I am an ideal candidate for this job as I found myself satisfying the requirements of this opening. Thanks, everyone for this opportunity.
Good morning. It’s my pleasure to introduce myself. I am XXX, and I am currently pursuing my degree in the field of the automobile at ABC University. I was raised in Assam, and when I was 18, I moved to Bangalore for my university study. Last year I went to the US to join the student exchange program. During my exchange, I went backpacking with other backpackers from all over the world to other countries across the US. It was a fun experience. I think I have been fortunate enough to be able to live in different parts of the world and thus be able to broaden my horizon.
I have a strong interest in automotive and services industry. The reason is I’d like to leverage my detail-oriented mind and apply the skills and knowledge that I have attained throughout my degree courses. I see myself as a people-oriented person. I demonstrated this by working in various group projects with different types of people in which I had been able to perform well. I want to be part of your company to further develop myself in the automobile field and to use my capabilities to serve both your company and your clients.
Good morning sir/madam;
Firstly, I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity. I am XY from Chennai. I completed my B.com with CA from AB University affiliated to Anna University, with an aggregate of 78%. My hobbies are net surfing, playing chess. I am fresher and have no work experience in any company. My strength is that I can adapt quickly to any environment.
My short-term goal is to get placed in a reputed company like yours, which will allow me to enhance my skills and Knowledge. My long term goal would be to reach a higher position in your company. That’s all about me. Thank you for giving such an excellent opportunity.
I hope this article will help you to prepare a perfect self introduction for your job interview. Comment down below if you have any queries.