What Is Linkedin Inmail?
LinkedIn InMail is a feature on LinkedIn that allows users to send direct messages to other LinkedIn users, even if they are not connected on the platform. These messages are similar to email and can be used to reach out to potential employers, network with other professionals, or request an introduction to someone in a particular industry or field. InMail messages are delivered to the recipient’s LinkedIn inbox and can be replied to, archived, or deleted.
InMail messages are only accessible to users who have a LinkedIn Premium account. However, LinkedIn Premium users can only send a limited number of InMail messages per month, and some users may have a higher number of InMail messages included in their subscription package. InMail messages can be composed like an email, allowing the user to add a subject, body, and attachments.
Also, Check – How To Reach Out To A Recruiter On LinkedIn
How Does LinkedIn InMail Work?
LinkedIn InMail is a feature that allows LinkedIn users to send direct messages to other users on the platform, even if they are not connected. The feature is available to users with a Premium subscription, which includes a certain number of InMail credits per month. These credits can be used to send messages to users outside of their network.
When a user sends an InMail, the recipient will receive an email notification, as well as a notification within the LinkedIn app or website. The recipient can then read and respond to the message directly from the notification or by going to their InMail inbox.
However, it’s important to note that InMail is not a guaranteed way to get in touch with someone. Some users may not check their InMail inbox regularly or may not be interested in the message.
It’s also important to use InMail responsibly and not send unsolicited messages or spam. This can lead to negative consequences such as being blocked by the recipient or having your account suspended.
To make the most of LinkedIn InMail, it’s important to be strategic in who you reach out to and what you say in the message. Research the recipient and their background, and tailor the message to their interests and needs. Also, be sure to include a clear call to action in the message, such as asking for a meeting or phone call.
Also, Check – Benefits Of Using Linkedin
What Are The Benefits Of Using Linkedin Inmail?
- Reach Out To People Outside Of Your Network: One of the key benefits of LinkedIn InMail is that it allows users to reach out to potential employers, clients, or business partners outside of their immediate network. This can be particularly useful for job seekers or sales professionals who want to expand their reach and connect with people they would not have been able to reach through other means.
- Personalized Communication: InMail also allows for more personalized communication, as users can include information about their background and experience in the message. This can help to increase the chances of a response and build a connection with the recipient.
- Increased Chances Of A Response: InMail messages are sent through the LinkedIn platform and have a more professional tone, which means that they are less likely to be marked as spam or ignored compared to traditional email. This increases the chances of the recipient responding to your message.
- Better Targeting: LinkedIn InMail allows you to reach out to specific individuals based on their profile information, giving you the ability to better target your messaging and increase your chances of getting a response.
- Better Tracking And Analytics: LinkedIn InMail also allows you to track the status of your message and see if it has been read or not. This can be helpful in determining the effectiveness of your messaging and adjusting it accordingly. Additionally, you can also see the analytics of your InMail campaigns, such as open rates, click-through rates, and reply rates, which can help you make data-driven decisions.
Also, Check – How to find candidates without a LinkedIn Recruiter
How Many InMail Credits Do I Get?
The number of InMail credits you get with a LinkedIn Premium subscription depends on the subscription plan you choose.
- LinkedIn Premium Career includes 10 InMail credits per month.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator includes 20 InMail credits per month.
- LinkedIn Recruiter Lite includes 100 InMail credits per month.
- LinkedIn Recruiter Corporate includes 500 InMail credits per month.
It’s important to note that if you don’t use all of your InMail credits in a given month, they will not roll over to the next month. Additionally, if you run out of InMail credits, you will not be able to send messages until the next month.
It’s also worth noting that LinkedIn has different pricing plans depending on the location and currency, so it’s best to check the pricing plan specific to your country on the LinkedIn pricing page
Is Linkedin Inmail Effective?
LinkedIn InMail can be an effective way to reach out to potential employers, clients, or business partners. However, the effectiveness of InMail will depend on various factors such as the recipient’s engagement on LinkedIn, the relevance and personalization of the message, and the timing of the message.
Here are a few tips to make the most of LinkedIn InMail:
- Research the recipient and their background, and tailor the message to their interests and needs.
- Include a clear call to action in the message, such as asking for a meeting or phone call.
- Be strategic in who you reach out to and what you say in the message.
- Keep the message brief and to the point.
- Follow up after the initial message if necessary.
Additionally, LinkedIn InMail is more effective when it’s used as part of an overall strategy for building and nurturing professional relationships. You should also focus on building connections and engaging with people on LinkedIn through other means such as joining groups, participating in discussions, and sharing content.
It’s also worth noting that while LinkedIn InMail can be an effective way to reach out to potential employers, clients, or business partners, it’s not a guaranteed way to get in touch with someone. Some users may not check their InMail inbox regularly or may not be interested in the message.
In conclusion, LinkedIn InMail can be an effective way to reach out to potential employers, clients, or business partners, but its effectiveness will depend on various factors such as the recipient’s engagement on LinkedIn, the relevance and personalization of the message, and the timing of the message. It should be used as part of an overall strategy for building and nurturing professional relationships on LinkedIn.