The 3rd target company in the world with a market capitalisation of $1.83 trillion, Microsoft is an American MNC that sells computer softwares and electronics. Microsoft was founder in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Microsoft is a dream company for millions of people across the globe.
What does Microsoft do?
About the leadership team at Microsoft
Executive Officers at Microsoft
- Judson Altoff: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judsonalthoff/ ,https://twitter.com/judsonalthoff
- Chris Capossela : https://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscapossela/ , https://twitter.com/chriscapossela/
- Kathleen Hogan:
- Amy Hood
- Satya Nadella: https://www.linkedin.com/in/satya-nadella-3145136/ , https://twitter.com/satyanadella
- Brad Smith: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradsmi/ , https://twitter.com/bradsmi
- Christopher Young: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopheryoung4/ , https://twitter.com/youngdchris
Board Members at Microsoft
Microsoft in India
Microsoft India began its Operations in 1990. Key leaders for Microsoft India are as below
Offices of Microsoft in India
Microsoft has office in the below cities in India
Latest financial information of the company can be viewed at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/
Work at Microsoft
As of 30 June 2022, Microsoft employs 221,000 employees worldwide. 122,000 of these professionals are in the United States and 99,000 International.
Culture at Microsoft
The glassdoor ratings of the the company are fantastic.
- 93% recommend to a fried
- 98% employees approve of the CEO
- The overall rating was 4.5
How to apply for a Job at Microsoft
Typical Salary at Microsoft
Software Engineer Salaries at Microsoft (Data Source: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/ )
- Software Engineer typically gets 14,00,000 – 18,00,000
- Software Engineer – 2 on average gets between 23,00,000 to 29,00,000 Source: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Salary/Microsoft-Software-Engineer-II-Salaries-E1651_D_KO10,30.htm
- Sr. Software Engineer on average gets 40,00,000 at Microsoft
3 reason why you should consider working at Microsoft
- Microsoft hires the top people and you can expect to work with other smart people that helps you grow
- Good benefits – People, on average, like the compensation at Microsoft along with other benefits like health
- Flexible work-setup allows for top talent to be attracted to Microsoft
3 reason why you should not consider working at Microsoft
Given the kind of large organisation Microsoft is, there are typical people issues of a larger organisation.
- When so many people undergo yearly Performance Appraisals, a lot come out dis-satisfied
- Some people did not like their managers based on the glass door review. They felt that their managers were confused.
- Work-life balance: Some people complained of long working hours on the weekend.
Hope this blog was useful for people planning to apply for a Job at Microsoft and for the ones who already have an offer and wanted to know more. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. We will be happy to bring existing employees of Microsoft to answer those questions for you.
Thank you for reading